Thursday, August 1, 2013

hot, Hot, HOT!

Final necklace and earrings before putting
everything away to come to Houston.
I've been in Houston for about an hour and I think I started sweating the minute I walked outside of Hobby Airport to passenger pick up. The thermometer in Mr. B's car said it was 102 degrees. No wonder I'm sweating! My hair is also starting to frizz. Welcome home.

I took the two furry girls to the kennel around 8:30 a.m. MDT. Roz walked in the door and immediately crapped on the floor. How nice of her. Then she stood by the door and fought the man trying to take her to the Pettit suite. I finished filling out some paperwork and then went to the car. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw sweet Rose standing by the fence staring at the car. Oh, my heart is broken! Both Roz and Rose are rescue dogs. I have the feeling that Rose thought she was being abandoned again. It was like leaving the McCarley sisters on the first day of pre-school. "Please don't leave me." I can still see Rose's sad little face. Hopefully she has already made dog friends.

Today I'm creating a trip to Houston. Southwest Airlines has a new rule that passengers can only take one carry-on bag and a small personal bag (i.e., a purse or backpack or briefcase). In the past I have always been able to take my suitcase and overnight bag onto the plane along with my purse, but no longer. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment