Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughts about Leigh

For Leigh.
My cousin, Leigh, died today at 12:31 p.m. in Houston, exactly one week after her 60th birthday. This leaves many of us in sorrow and tears, but I know it's what Leigh wanted. She had many many surgeries for her cancer during the past two years along with radiation and chemo. For about a month she had been bedridden and continually asked when would "it" be over.

I'm so glad that when I was in Houston earlier in August I spent time with Leigh. And, as I wrote after I last saw her, I'm happy that the last words we said to each other were "I love you."

Today I'm creating time to remember Leigh. Since she was a little girl she giggled when she laughed. It drove our mothers crazy, but right now I'm smiling (and crying) as I think about her giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment