Friday, August 30, 2013

Mixed weather in Santa Fe

It can't decide whether it wants to rain or shine in the high desert this afternoon, so it has done some of both.
The pic-of-the-day was taken around 5 p.m. You can see there are dark skies and blue skies and wet streets.

Former co-worker, current friend, and sometimes client Kelli was in town yesterday to scout places for an upcoming meeting she is coordinating. We met in the bar about 5 p.m. at the Four Seasons where she was staying. After a refreshing cocktail and lots of catching up we went a little further out of town to Gabriel's for dinner. Good view and Mexican food, with even better margaritas. Then it was back to the Four Seasons for a nightcap. We sat out by the fire pit and enjoyed the starry, starry skies. Since it was such a special occasion, I broke my longstanding policy to only drink Baileys Irish Cream in December. Last night the Baileys was shaken (not stirred) over ice and then poured into a cold martini glass. Nectar of the gods! So yummy.

Today I'm creating nothing. Yesterday I packed up my sewing and tins so I took the day off from creating. I read about a shoe sale at one of my favorite stores so I went to check it out. I left empty handed. Next I walked to the other end of Sanbusca Market to a clothing store I like. I found two jackets there, both on sale, that I couldn't resist. They'll be perfect for the cooler months in Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment