Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Another finished tote

I stepped out of my comfort zone today and made a tote bag with fabrics from an old tablecloth, a used Purina Chow bag, two striped fabric remnants and canvas. The pic of the day is dark because I hung the bag on a hanger and then put it on a door in the hallway. Even in the dark photo it's so cute. I love it! I have several old tablecloths that I'm going to use tomorrow.

I did a little bit of shopping today. "Little" refers to the amount of time I spent, not the amount of money. I'm tired of walking around in clothes that are way too big, so I went to town on a sale rack. The clothes would be too light weight for winter in Santa Fe, but will be just right for the cooler months in Houston. I refuse to refer to December, January and February in Houston as winter. Those months are just cooler. In Santa Fe there are lots of sales right now because Labor Day marks the end of the city's "high season."

Today I'm creating tote bags. I also worked on projects for the Art Heist, which is the event within an event that takes place on Saturday night of the Bayou City Art Festival. All the pieces are coming together and it's going to be a fabulous party.

No comments:

Post a Comment