Friday, August 9, 2013

Oh happy day!

The handsome and happy face you see in the pic-of-the-day is #1 son-in-law Nick. On Tuesday night his band, The Suffers, was voted best ska/reggae/dub band by the Houston Press. Congrats to Nick and the other band members!

For those of you who don't understand what ska/reggae/dub music is, I once helped Nick write a bio for The Suffers that describes their music: The Suffers is a Houston, TX-based group that brings together members of the city’s best bands to create music that drips with the sweaty sounds of Jamaican Rocksteady and classic American Soul. The band’s sincerity and blatant passion for their music resonates with listeners. In fact, the band has garnered a broad following, which affords them the ability to cross over genre divisions effortlessly. I can't keep my body still when I hear The Suffers perform!

Today I'm creating minor revisions to a magazine article I wrote yesterday. This afternoon I'm going to an antique show and an estate sale. It sounds like the perfect day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment