Sunday, August 11, 2013

Time to write something

Neither Rose nor I are pleased with her new hair cut!
I have a fun time last night with Susan from Houston and Rebecca from Dallas. We started out at Vanessie for cocktails. Vanessie is a small inn in Santa Fe with a nice restaurant and a great piano bar. Acclaimed and renowned celebrity Doug Montgomery has been playing the piano and singing there for years. I understand he is Julliard trained, so imagine his displeasure when people request that he play "Piano Man" and "Build Me Up Buttercup." But he is very entertaining as he grins and plays the requests.

Next we went to dinner at Geronimo Restaurant, which is one of the best in Santa Fe. We were greeted at the door with a glass of bubbly. Chris, who mans the front door at Geronimo's, is probably the best looking host I've ever seen. I say that only because Mr. B isn't a restaurant host anywhere. Otherwise, my hubby would be the best looking host I've ever seen.

Today I'm creating responses to questions a client received for a newspaper article. But first, I was up early to make breakfast for Susan, Rebecca and Debbie. Yummy.
Then Debbie and I were off to the flea markets in town. One was a bust, but I found some vintage tablecloths at the other and a great piece of fabric from Guatemala. Tomorrow I'm bringing out the sewing machine so I can continue sewing after a week's break.

No comments:

Post a Comment