Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30, 2011

Cool vintage lamp I bought.
Now I need to find a shade for it.
Today is a fun day. I had lunch with my friend Kelly and I ate well (salad and salmon). Eating healthy at lunch is good since Mr. B and I are going out tonight with friends for margaritas and sliders. But before dinner, I'm meeting with a friend for a cocktail. See what I mean? Fun day!

Since it's the beginning of the fall party season, I've been donating auction items to people and organizations. I was asked yesterday to donate items to a fundraising auction for a friend's election campaign. I stood in front of the bags and purses I made while in Santa Fe last summer, debating which items to donate. I like everything so much that I don't want to get rid of it. It's good that I have pride in my work, but bad that I get so attached to certain fabric combinations that I don't like getting rid of items. It's against my rules to make two of anything alike, so I can't replicate something I've already created.

Today I'm creating a mailing for the monthly newsletter I write for a client. This is a small-size mailing that only goes to about 250 or so people. While writing the newsletter is fun, folding the newsletters, stuffing the envelopes, sealing the envelopes, and putting the mailing label on them is no fun. It could be worse. At first I volunteered to hand address the envelopes, but was convinced that wasn't necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment