Friday, September 2, 2011

September 2, 2011

The pattern (blue pieces) and fabrics are ready
for a close encounter with my sewing machine.
Well, yesterday didn't go exactly as planned, but what day does? I spent time in the morning tweaking and finalizing the design for the new purses that I'm making out of vintage wool tweed fabrics (see photo). I gathered the fabrics and linings together, but that's as far as I got with the project before the emails and phone calls started.

The Executive Director of Bayou City Art Festival resigned so the Board of Directors and staff are scrambling and adjusting. Fortunately we have a terrific, hardworking staff! Kudos to all of them! I'm now working with the staff on proofing and final approvals of collateral for the upcoming festival, plus I've taken over coordination of a special event we're hosting in three weeks. I can best describe my efforts to take over the reins of the special event as being dragged behind a galloping horse.

Today I'm creating an outline of all the elements for the fast approaching Bayou City Art Festival happy hour. Then I got two projects this morning that I need to look at so I can complete them before Tuesday morning. And I want to make a purse or two today. But the wine festival starts today, so everything may have to be put on hold until after I sample some of New Mexico's finest grapes. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment