Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14, 2011

Looking for clarity and peace!
Yes, I'm totally immersed in work and play in Houston, and DO NOT have time for an old, slow computer. On the other hand, nor do I have the money for a new, faster computer. What's a girl to do?


On a more serious note, I've been thinking about an interesting "piece" I read yesterday about the importance of forgiveness. The writer, who is an Episcopal priest, states correctly that the hardest thing to do is forgive. I've been in situations where something bad has happened between me and another person. An extreme example is that I was physically abused as a child by my mother. When I was an adult, she admitted that she abused me, but said it happened years before and I needed to forget about it. After years of trying, I was able to forgive my mother for abusing me, because I came to the realization that she did the best job she could as a mother with the skills she had. So I forgave her, but I've never forgotten what happened. Maybe the two acts (to forgive and forget) aren't synonymous, but if the purpose and meaning of my life is to love and be loved, shouldn't this include to forgive and forget?


Today I'm creating a revised newsletter and following up on plans for the September 21 poster and photo viewing reception that I'm coordinating for Bayou City Art Festivals. But "too much work makes Jack a dull boy" or in my case, too much work makes Julie cranky. So I'm heading out to happy hour with clients. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment