Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

I'm adjusting to be a Houstonian again, but Rose isn't sure
about the heat. Yesterday she didn't want to go outside
because it was so hot, which is not like her at all!
Good afternoon, followers! In just one day I've gotten back into the groove of being a Houstonian. I was helped by a good night's sleep, which was helped by the Women of Wine event last night at COPPA. I was celebrating my return to Houston and Kendall's great job interview, so she and I shared a bottle of Prosecco. Then we invited Nick and Mr. B to join us for dinner, which involved more cocktails. (Dinner was very delicious, except no one really liked the icing on the Italian Creme cake.) I was home by 9 p.m., and soon in bed and asleep. Was it the wine that helped me sleep? The heat the lulled me to sleep? Or C, all of the above?

Today I'm back at my Tuesday client's office. It wasn't on my calendar for today, which made me realize that I haven't been updating my calendar with events. Very dangerous. Yes, the pace of things in H-town is much busier than in SFe, and I can't seem to remember anything. I think I'll schedule unpacking everything I brought back with me on Saturday. So far everything is lined up in the dining room, and might just have to stay there until the weekend.

Today I'm creating a newsletter and a couple of press releases. Then Mr. B and I are having dinner with friends who are going to our house in Santa Fe for a week. Hopefully I won't start crying when I have to hand over the keys to the casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment