Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 10, 2011

A piece of fabric from Thailand is the center
for the tote bag that was constructed from
heavy linen and denim. 
It's very early Saturday morning (2:00 a.m.) and I'm still awake. This is my last day in Santa Fe until we come back for Thanksgiving. My thinking is that if I don't go to sleep I'll have more time in my adopted city. Although I'm anxious to get home to family and friends in Houston, I'm sad to leave Santa Fe. I can't describe the spiritual connection I have with the high desert. I experience a spiritual growth while I'm here, which is tremendous.

Let's recap my summer. Before I came I said I wanted to meet more people. I did meet a couple of people, but mainly I spent time alone, working on me and the garden. The garden was looking sad from the late, heavy freeze, but now it looks wonderful. I really enjoy walking around and looking at the plants, butterflies, little bees and hummingbirds. With the additional plants and enhanced drip watering system, I'm expecting a lush garden next summer. When I did leave the casita, I found some great clothes, gifts and fabrics. With the fabrics, I experimented with new purses and totes. I'm going home with so many purses and totes, which puts me in a great position for the upcoming holiday season. I actually made five totes on Friday (pictured is Mr. B's favorite one).

Today I'm creating a memorable last day in Santa Fe. I'm going out to Tesueque Flea Market for one last look for embellishments for my bags. Mr. B wants to visit our favorite galleries on Canyon Road before my haircut appointment. Sometime during the day I need to pack and clean house. And maybe the grill master will charcoal some filets and we'll sit outside looking at the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment