Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

The 6'4" hall tree made the trip back to Houston
leaving no leg room in the passenger seat.
Mr. B and I fought over who drove
because the driver's seat had more leg room.
We're back in Houston and I'm super depressed. We left Santa Fe at 7:30 a.m. (Mountain Time) and the temperature was 49 degrees. The Explorer was fully packed. In fact, we brought back a hall tree that was in the casita and had to push the passenger seat forward. For someone with long legs, the position of the passenger seat was very uncomfortable. It was better to drive because there was more leg room. When I wasn't driving, I was either snacking or sleeping. That is to say I kept trying to sleep, but would wake up snorting. I didn't have any trouble snacking. How much weight do you think a person can put on during a 13-hour drive? When we got to Fort Worth around 7:30 p.m. (Central Time), it was 94 degrees. Let's recap: 7:30 a.m. = 49 degrees; 7:30 p.m. = 94 degrees. No wonder I'm depressed.

When we drove up to the Houston house around 10 p.m., thank goodness it was too dark to see the yard. It appears that all the azaleas on the right of the front door are dead. The ferns on the left side of the house also look dead, but they die every winter and then come back, so there's hope for them. But the azaleas are fried. I couldn't tell the status of the grass, but the crunching noise I heard as I walked across the yard doesn't leave me much hope. I didn't have the heart to look out the backdoor to see how the backyard is doing.

Today I'm creating a major pity party, but want to slap myself for being such an ungrateful twit! So many people are suffering today, remembering what happened 10 years ago. I have a good life and should be thankful for all that is good, instead of focusing on petty inconveniences. Grow up! I guess I told myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment