Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27, 2011

Mushrooms growing in a flower bed. Not good!
The only things growing in the Pettit flower beds – other than the beautiful flower I posted yesterday – are mushrooms that I'm posting today. Mushrooms are fungi that thrive on dead organic matter so they're probably growing on dead roots that are decaying or old scraps of wood that are covered by soil. This is not good news since the mushrooms are growing in a flower bed under a fairly large magnolia tree. And even though the tree is on the city side of the sidewalk, if the magnolia tree dies I'm sure it's the Pettits who will have to take care of it. I did hear that the Parks & Recreation Department is going before City Council tomorrow to request $4 million to take care of dead trees. I would like to see that happen, as long as the funds aren't taken away from schools/


I got word today that the event I'm coordinating for Women of Wine (WOW) Charities is sold out. WOW! The event isn't until Oct. 25. I emailed my committee today to let them know that there are no tickets left, but if they haven't bought tickets they should do it this week. I can't have a celebration without the hardworking women who helped me put everything together!


Today I'm creating a bunch. I wrote two newsletters and a direct-mail postcard for my Tuesday client. Now I need a nap before I go to a membership drive for Bayou City Art Festival that is being held – outside – from 6-8 p.m. Keep the cool beverages coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment