Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sept. 4, 2011

It's chilly here! Lazy-bones Roz didn't want to get up and go on a walk this morning, but when I took Rose for her stroll around at 11 a.m., I had to put on a long sleeve shirt. It's cloudy, which isn't typical for Santa Fe. According to the news we may get more rain today and tomorrow. I was hoping Mr. B and I could go to the Wine Fest tomorrow, so I want the rain to hold off until after that since the festival is in an open field.

Thought you might be tired of looking at
purses, so today's photos are of new blooms
in the casita garden. Very colorful!
Speaking of Mr. B, he and Dr. Mc called me one night last week from the newly opened Beck's Prime in the Houston Heights. For those of you unfamiliar with Beck's Prime, they make the best grilled hamburgers ever. I mean, the burgers are run-down-your-arm-with-every-bite juicy good! They also make a wonderful Caesar salad with grilled chicken, but I've eaten lots of grilled chicken lately and was dreaming of a burger. I couldn't get the burger out of my mind! Last night, the temptation was just too great, so I drove three blocks to buy myself some beef on a bun. Disaster! What a waste of money, not to mention calories! This may be the time I take Mr. B to Bobcat Bites, which is a burger joint just outside of Santa Fe. It's listed in a book titled (I think) 1,000 Things to Do Before You Die, as a must do. This hole-in-the-wall place might have eight closely packed tables and counter service, but the wait for a seat is worth it.

Today I'm creating a taxi service to and from ABQ. The girls and I can't wait to see Mr. B!

No comments:

Post a Comment