Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 29, 2011

Gracie the St. Bernard is the mascot at a Brenham
antique store. From the top of her head to the tip
of her nose is 15". And I thought my head was big!
Mitzie and I went to Round Top today and had a great time, other than it was hotter than hades! The usual woman I buy fabrics from was there and she had SO many pieces I wanted. I resisted most, but did buy a piece of barkcloth from her (great colors) and a feedsack from the 1930s (with cacti), both of which will become purses or bags. I bought a terrific Euro burlap grain bag and four heavy canvas bags that have writing on the front of them. Mitzie has already reserved two of the canvas bags for pillows. The canvas pillows will look great with blue and white ticking on the backside.

When we could no longer take the heat, we got in the car and went to an antique store in Brenham. We've stopped there before, but I can't think of the name of the store. Leftovers? Anyway, I'm always impressed with the merchandise and displays in the store. I met Gracie in the store (see photo). I don't think I've ever seen a St. Bernard in person before. It's a good thing Gracie wasn't shy about having her photo snapped, or the photo I posted today would have been one of Mitzie hiding behind a giant pillow. She made me promise not to post her photo on my blog today. But she didn't say anything about Friday or Saturday.

Today I'm creating pillow designs based on some things I saw in Round Top. Tomorrow and Saturday are busy, but maybe I'll be able to get in front of my sewing machine on Sunday. Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment