Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011

The Richards, my friends in Santa Fe. Richard
on the right was the Realtor who helped me
find the casita. Richard on the left (a.k.a.
Little Ricky) is Richard on the left's partner
and my gardening muse.
Good evening, readers. This morning, Mr. B and I were so lazy. We just relaxed all morning when I should have been sewing. The Richards (see photo) came to the house around 3 p.m. and we went with them to the Plaza for what I think was the last outdoor festival of the year. I've attended the Labor Day Fine Arts & Crafts Market before and it seemed better. Mr. B did buy me a beautiful bracelet at the market. I understand that the designers are in about four festivals every summer, so I can get another bracelet next year. Then we ate New Mexican food, which is different from Tex Mex. You have to be really careful because the sauces on New Mexican food can be extremely spicy. I always get sauces on the side and a small bowl of sour cream, just in case the chili peppers in the food are too hot.

Little Ricky, who has a degree in horticulture, was pleased with how my garden was growing. He did break the bad news to me that what I hoped were sunflowers were actually weeds. The good news is that he helped me pull them out of the ground. I also showed him the five pods of tulip vines that I was drying. He suggested that I spend $5 on a plant instead of trying to dry the pods and get the seeds in the ground before I leave town.

Today I'm creating a relaxing morning, a fun afternoon and dinner, and then a quiet evening in the casita with Mr. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment