Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3, 2011

New bags from vintage wool. No embellishments yet,
but the shape is very fun! Cute, cute, cute!
I read on Facebook this morning that Houston is cooler today, so I don't feel it's inappropriate to mention that Santa Fe is fabulous right now, and a cool front is coming tonight. I think the high tomorrow will be in the 70s. Sunshine. Temperature in the 70s. And low humidity. Does it get any better? Since Santa Fe actually has an autumn, this is one of the reasons why it's always so hard to return to the September heat in Houston, although I love my home town.

Back to a more neutral topic (and who could imagine that weather won't be a neutral topic), I made several bags yesterday. It's not so easy getting the rounded edges on the bags, but I like the shape! And I like the plaids and tweeds I'm working with. I have four more pieces of wool, all of which are vintage with great old tags. I should have saved all the tags for a collage, but I didn't. There are two or three yard sales that I'm tempted to visit today because they list fabrics in the items for sale. This is how I got the old woolens I'm currently using. Hum ... should I or shouldn't I get in the car and go?

Today I'm creating more bags from woolen fabrics, and probably doing some weed pulling in the garden. There are several stems growing that I can't identify. They are either large sunflowers or just junk. I should probably pull one and take it to the nursery to identify. OK, one more item on today's to-do list before Mr. B arrives tomorrow afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment