Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1, 2011

Liz Spencer face painting.
Oh my goodness, what a fabulous fall day! I was outside from 10:30 a.m. through 2:30 p.m. in a short-sleeve shirt and didn't get hot. Of course, I was in the shade most of the time.

I helped out at a fall festival this morning that was so fun. For two hours I was stationed at the pumpkin painting table. The real talent came from friends Sandra York and Liz Spencer who agreed to do face painting. Both of these ladies are very terrific artists and were way over qualified for the job of face painting. The kids walking away from the face painting table really enjoyed the creations on their cheeks! Sandra and Liz weren't painting the normal, simple stars and hearts. They were going to town! And how many fall festivals have a PhD helping at the pumpkin painting table? Thanks for the hour of time this morning, Dr. Mc!

Sandra York face painting.
Today I'm creating a nice dinner at home with Mr. B. There are several events going on tonight, but I think we've decided to stay home and grill something. First, I see an afternoon nap in my future. I know I can convince Rose to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment