Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

This is what peace and calm look like.
Have I written today how much I love the high desert? It's so true. I feel at peace and happy here. What I like most about being in the casita is the simple joy I feel with the windows open and a fan oscillating on medium. (The high today was 75 degrees.)

I did make it out of the casita this afternoon to visit fellow Houstonian Debbie W. She bought a home up here last summer and has been having work done on it. She arrived here on Friday, so I had to see all the improvements to her place. Debbie has such a distinctive style and her place looks great!

Today I'm creating photos of the gardens at the casitas so I can share them from time to time on my blog. I did leave the casita another time today for about an hour. I'm not sure why, but towels and hangers disappear throughout the year. So when I arrive in the summer one of my first purchases is white towels and wooden coat hangers. Of course, margaritas is always the first thing I buy here. For now, I'm rocking in an overstuffed chair and feeling content.

No comments:

Post a Comment