Sunday, July 28, 2013

Terrific fun shopping flea markets

This studio of a painter is covered with odds and ins.
I don't like his artwork, but he studio is wonderful.
I received disappointing news this morning that my cousin, Leigh, who has been battling cancer for two years, isn't doing well. Her younger sister, Susan, said today that Leigh is now receiving hospice care. Leigh is still staying with Susan and their youngest sister and her husband are also helping out. They're trying to keep Leigh at Susan's home for a long as possible before she goes to a hospice facility. Hopefully I'll be able to see Leigh when I'm in Houston next weekend. The last time I visited the three of us had a great time talking and reminiscing.

It was a beautiful morning to visit the flea markets around Santa Fe, but almost the minute I started home it began pouring down rain. Crazy rain with thunder and lightning in the middle of the day. Then in an hour or so, the skies were blue again. Rose and I spent time outside under the portal after the rain stopped. It's so nice and cool. NO mosquitos!

Today I'm creating jewelry. I was going to clean house this afternoon, but decided to make jewelry instead. Now it's the end of the day and I think I'll have an adult beverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment