Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7, 2013

The water tower in the Railyard District. The area is filled with
tents and vendors during the farmer's market on Saturdays.
I just watched a documentary on the building of the Statute of Liberty and am now watching one on the creation of Mt. Rushmore. It's a very interesting and educational way to spend a lazy afternoon.

My fingers are always scraped, punctured and bandaged after I finish cutting out tin cans. A couple of friends suggested that I buy a Dremel rotary tool. Among the accessories that can be purchased are a cutting disc as well as a polishing tool. Sounds perfect! So off I went to buy a Dremel last night. I should have known not to buy a box that had been taped shut. Sure enough, it doesn't work. Bummer!

Today I'm creating flattened tins. I haven't returned the Dremel rotary tool and accessories yet so I cut and flattened the tins by hand. As usual, my fingers are scraped, punctured and bandaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment