Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 13, 2013

Early at the folk art festival, looking from the upper level
down to the lower level.  Crowded, but fun!
I was so anxious to get to the International Folk Art Festival today that I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up at 6 a.m. to get dressed. Debbie W must have also be excited to get to the festival because she arrived about 10 minutes early to get me. Even though we were in line by 7 a.m., there were at least 100 people in front of us and probably 200 people behind us when the gate opened at 7:30 a.m. We had paid the early-bird price to get in 1.5 hours earlier than the 9 a.m. regular entrance time.

It was worth $50 to get in early. I love seeing the work that comes from different countries. There were so many beautiful textiles, which I enjoy so much. There were also lots of other fabulous work of every kind. After five hours Debbie and I left to have show and tell about what we each bought. Here's the only thing about buying gifts for people in the middle of the summer that is problematic: I like everything so much that I might decide to keep some things.

Today I'm creating tin jewelry, if I can get rid of my backache. When I got home, my back was hurting from carrying stuff around. Advil Liqui-Gels to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment