Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19, 2013

I had such a fun time last night! I was invited to a party and viewing of the first show in the new season of Project Runway. The special guest at the party was the runner up from the last season, Patricia Michaels (see the pic-of-the-day). She lives in a pueblo (Native American village) outside of Taos, but her parents and daughter live in Santa Fe, so she is often here. It was great to talk to her and find out what's going on in her design career since the show. During commercials she would give us background info about Heidi (loved her), Nina (hot mess), Zac Posen (very kind and generous), Tim Gunn (just as nice as he appears on the show), the other designers, and tapings.

This morning I went with Debbie W to a woman's home in Eldorado. The woman sells collectibles, mostly ephemera. I went to see if she had any tin in her treasures. I bought one tin box, a vintage dress  pattern, an old suitcase (to use in my displays), and two rusted wagons. Total was $40. This is so cool because I looked at one rusted wagon a couple of weeks ago and it was $45. The wagons will make great yard art! We stopped for lunch at Harry's Roadhouse. I met the one-and-only Harry, himself. During lunch it started raining. The thunder was terrible. Then came hail. When the hail stopped, Debbie and I ran to the car in the drizzle. Two hours later at the casita the thunder is still terrible and it's still drizzling. This is a good thing because Santa Fe really needs the rain.

Today I'm creating tin jewelry, then putting it away for a week. My back is killing me from leaning over my assembly tray. I've reached my goal of the number of pieces I want for White Linen Night to sell at Jubilee. I'll give my back a week off and then start again.


No comments:

Post a Comment