Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The magical Land of Enchantment

I held the camera over my head to take a photo of the buds
on one of the sunflower plants. Once opened, some of the
flowers can be the size of someone's face. 
The gardens at the casita are so beautiful this summer! I'm waiting for the sunflowers to bloom in the front garden. Some of the stocks are taller than me and all are filled with buds ready to explode. Much of the lavender is also taller than me. Tiny bumble bees are everywhere spreading their joy. I haven't seen but one hummingbird this year. They usually arrive in August, so they will be here soon.

There is a company out of ABQ that does estate sales there and in Santa Fe. I received a notice today about an auction this weekend in SFe. I'm so excited! It's close to the house and the online photos showed lots of treasures. Maybe I'll find some tins? For the auctions from this company, there is always a charge of $1 to attend the on the first day. I've gladly paid a buck to get a first look.

Today I'm creating a pillow or two and cutting up tin. I also plan to pull out the vacuum for a quick spin around the casita. There are burlap strings and threads all over the main room and dining room that need to be removed because Roz and Rose are collecting them in their hair and transporting them to other rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment