Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29, 2013

Rose found the AC vent in the backseat of
the car. She spent most of the drive sleeping
on her back, feet in the air, in front of the vent. 
Door to door, from the Houston house to the Santa Fe casita, in 13 hours. The 900-mile drive was uneventful, except for a little rain when we reached New Mexico.  Tomorrow the high temperature will be 82 degrees and Monday it is supposed to be 75 degrees. For people who ask me why I want to spend summers in the high desert, this is the reason. Cooler temperatures and a dry climate.

Mr. B unloaded the car and now he has gone to get dinner. Did I mention that margaritas are also on his list? I know we had some here when I left in May. I suppose our guests who were here in June enjoyed the margaritas and didn't bother to replace them, thank you very much.

Today I'm creating a self-guided tour of the beautiful Santa Fe garden. It really looks great, even thought it isn't in full bloom yet. Still, the plants have filled in beautifully. Let my summer vaca begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment