Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013

Mr. B bought a carton of eggs when he was here. He loves a lumberjack breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits. Today I checked the "best if used before" date on the carton: July 15. They should still be OK. Right? I boiled them.
More bracelets to come, but this is
one-of-a-kind just for me.
I have several used Calumet Baking Powder tins at the casita. I sometimes put flowers from the garden in them. One didn't hold water well, so today I cut it up and made a bracelet (see pic-of-the-day). I like it, even though it's not perfect. I spent way too much time creating it, so I'm going to keep it for myself. Now that I know the process it shouldn't take me so much time to make more out of other tins.

Today I'm creating tin jewelry. Besides spending two hours making the bracelet, I've also made a couple of necklaces. I have a goal set in my mind for how much jewelry I want to make before White Linen Night on Saturday, Aug. 3, in Houston. I'm about halfway to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment