Friday, July 26, 2013

Here comes the rain (again)

It rained so long and hard last night that I thought I was back in Houston. Around 10:45 p.m. there was a flash and the electricity was gone and didn't come back on for five hours. After about 30 minutes of laying in the dark, listening to the thunder, lightning, rain and Rose's snoring, I got out of bed to get a flashlight and candles from the kitchen. When I got to the bedroom door, I tripped over Rose and fell forward, hitting the corner of a bench that's in the hallway. Cursing, I got up and made it to the flashlight and candles. On my way back to the bedroom, I saw blood drops on my nightshirt, which made me realize I had busted my chin open. This morning when I looked in the mirror, I saw a huge scab on my chin, plus a scratch mark. Great! It looks like I had a great big zit on my face.

The rain is pouring off the portal roof.
I made it to an estate sale this afternoon and found some treasures. A couple of holiday tins for $1 each. Some nice sewing scissors for a total of $4. A Dremel rotary tool in a carrying case for $20 (I recently paid $80+ my Dremel and accessories). A staple gun in a case for $5 (I can't believe that we've owned this house for almost six years and I haven't had a staple gun here). I magnifying glass on a stand (this will be great when I trying to thread a needle). Oh, and I bought a small flashlight what I'm going to keep in the bedroom.

Today I'm creating jewelry. I also went to the grocery store this afternoon, which was a mistake because I was hungry. I was going to get a couple of items, and instead spent almost $90. The trick will be not to eat everything tonight! Here comes the thunder, lightning and rain again. The television has already lost its signal. I need to get my stash of flashlights and candles ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment