Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013

A couple brought their two large dogs to the
dinner party. Not something I would do!
This is what happens when I don't fast on Sundays. I gained two pounds from yesterday to this morning. I really hate it when that happens. I'm sure drinking wine last night didn't help. I'm hoping those two pounds will be gone tomorrow if I stick to meatless Monday and drink tons of water today.

I went to a dinner party last night. Everyone was supposed to bring a salad, so I made a pasta salad – using whole wheat pasta. I added cherry tomatoes, yellow squash and used a vinaigrette to dress the salad. It was good, but the potato salad using different kinds of potatoes was better. The dressing was creamy mustard and dill. I need to remember that the next time I make potato salad.

Today I'm creating two pillows and aprons. I'm entering the Santa Fe Recycle Market, which is in mid-November. I want to enter tin jewelry, burlap pillows made from old sacks, and aprons made from vintage flour and sugar sacks. Tomorrow I'm going to have them photographed, so I need to sew samples of the pillows and aprons today.


No comments:

Post a Comment