Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1, 2013

A little play on my design.
I want more days like yesterday! Whatever I did was fun and profitable. I had lunch with two girlfriends. I took a few of my tin earrings to show them my newest endeavors. Both friends bought earrings from me during lunch. Crazy! After lunch we went to a nearby shop that features work by local artisans. I'm meeting again with the shop owner next Wednesday. She wants to sell my earrings and bracelets in her shop. Crazy! As I was leaving the shop I noticed that she doesn't have many textiles so I'm also going to take a couple of burlap pillows, tote bags from vintage fabrics, and colorful aprons.

Later in the afternoon yesterday I spent an hour or so looking for tin canisters in local thrift stores. Some fun finds as well as lessons in design and costs. The more colorful canisters seem to be tea tins (or biscuit tins) that were made in England. And prices on the tins canisters vary from as little as $3 to as much as $75. Some places marked a tin as vintage or rare. Then I saw the same tin in several other stores. Is there no truth in advertising?

Today I'm creating more tin jewelry. Are you tired of looking at it? I hope not because I'm really enjoying making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment