Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 12, 2013

Little rectangles from three different tins
At this time tomorrow, Mr. B and I will be on the plane to the high desert. I can't wait! I haven't been there since I left after Labor Day. And it's been even longer for Mr. B. We should have been there for 10 days at Thanksgiving, but my foot surgery nixed that plan. Hello casita. Mama is coming. The first year after we bought the casita, we were there every month. Then it became every other month. Then quarterly. Mr. B, we need to be there at least every other month. It's such a spiritual space and we need to experience that more often.

Yesterday reinforced my belief that God is good! I set up a meeting for next week with an organization that is looking for a professional to help them with branding and marketing. I hope this will be an ongoing project, similar to my Tuesday client. Later in the day I had a meeting with a friend who bought almost all of my tin jewelry for her shop Jubilee, which is located on 19th Street in Houston Heights. We also talked about a trunk show in the spring. A work opportunity, as well as a reason to continue buying tin canisters. Hallelujah!

Today I'm creating a day of pampering. I'm going to the hair salon before getting a mani/pedi. And for friend Nancy Grissom, who teased me last Sunday about what a pampered life I live by taking afternoon naps, I'll probably have one of those this afternoon, also. I think Nancy referred to me as a brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment