Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013

Mr. B held Roz so I could get a picture of
her with pink bows attached to her ears.
This is day three of my efforts to give up Diet Coke. Since I'm in the house most days, I find that I'm drinking more and more Diet Cokes, maybe as many as four or five a day. I always stop drinking sodas when I'm in Santa Fe during the summer months, but I want to give them up forever.

Since Monday I've been drinking only one Diet Coke per day. Today was the day that I planned not to drink any, but by noon I had a terrible headache. Caffeine withdrawal. To relate this to another life event, when I was in college I started smoking, just to be cool. I stopped when I was pregnant with Kendall and didn't smoke for about two years. But alas, I gave into the dark side and started again. I was never a heavy smoker, but smoking is smoking! Then when Kendall was in kindergarten I stopped smoking forever. When I would try to quit, I knew that if I could get past the fourth day, I could stop. I guess with Diet Coke, I had only given myself Monday through Wednesday, or three days, to wean myself. I had half a Diet Coke with lunch and my headache is much better. If anyone ever tells you that caffeine isn't addictive, don't believe them. Caffeine isn't as addictive as nicotine, but it's still tough to give up.

Today I'm creating invoices for work I did in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment