Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 31, 2013

Earrings from a spice tin.
It's the end of January and I'm still typing and writing 2012. Stop it!

I have a special connection to January 31. It was my paternal grandmother's birthday. She died at age 92 about a month after Mr. B and I married. February 1st is the birthday of my first husband and the father of the lovely McCarley sisters. We would often drive to Bryan, TX, where my grandmother lived, to celebrate both birthdays. Her present to Richard was always making him several of the sweetest desserts. Even though she was a fabulous cook, a couple of times her desserts were completely over the top. For example, she once made a graham cracker crust and filled it with melted Snickers. But wait, there's more. Once the hot filling cooled, she topped it with whipped cream. My insulin level spiked just thinking about that pie.

Today I'm creating more jewelry out of tin. While I was cooking dinner last night, I emptied some spice tins. There's no telling how long some of those had been in the cabinet. I'm not sure about the earrings I made, but I'm having lunch with two friends today and I'll get their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment