Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. B.
I'm feeling so well this Valentine's Day. Yesterday Mr. B and I flew to ABQ before making the 45 minute drive to Santa Fe. The first day at the casita is always busy. Checking the supplies in the house and going to the store. Replacing light bulbs and batteries, as needed. Changing linens, as needed. Rebooting the computer and Internet service, always necessary. In fact, I was unable to post on my blog yesterday, although I had Internet service (go figure). The distressing part of yesterday was that I got a call from my cousin Susan that her older sister was back in the hospital and having emergency surgery to remove a large blood clot that was blocking oxygen from getting from her lungs to her heart. Leigh was diagnosed with severe cancer about 18 months ago, but survived another surgery yesterday. The only good coming from Leigh's cancer is that the estranged sisters have reunited. Finishing what happened yesterday, Mr. B and I had catch-up and ketchup with The Richards. The four of us had dinner at Harry Roadhouse and talked until long after the bill was paid and our bottoms were sore from sitting in the hard wooden chairs.

Yesterday at Trader Joe's, Mr. B bought me white roses and today, on my breakfast tray that he brought to me in bed, was a sweet Valentine's Day card. All together now ... awwwwww! This afternoon we're going to stroll down Canyon Road and stop in some galleries. I brought a couple of pairs on my tin earrings. There's a gallery on Canyon where I will show my jewelry to the owner, unless I chicken out.

Today I'm creating reservations at one of my favorite restaurants in Santa Fe. Mr. B hasn't been there. I hope he enjoys the food as much as I do. I was reminded this morning by friend Kiki about the Valentine's Day cards that most elementary school children create for their mothers. I hang the red construction paper card with the heart dollie and picture of Dr. Mc on the Christmas tree every year. Good memories of long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment