Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10, 2013

Cuteness available for adoption.
This afternoon Mr. B and I went to a tree unveiling celebration in memory of our friend Neva Dupuis who passed away in December 2012. There were tons of people from the Houston Heights that I don't see very often. It was good to catch up and reminisce about sassy Neva.

Look at the pink pads on his feet.
Next we went to the Texas Home & Garden Show. Mr. B works for the company that produces most of the home and garden shows in Texas (along with publishing several oil & gas magazines). We always make an appearance. My favorite things at the show were the two pet adoption spaces. The first place we saw had lots of cats and dogs, including the cutest puppy that was all-white except for a brown spot around one eye (see the pic-of-the-day). I cradled this little boy in my arms until he fell asleep. Then an exhibitor came up with his girlfriend to convince her that they should adopt the puppy. This bundle of cuteness had a brother, but neither of them had been adopted, probably because they are a lab/pit bull mix. As Mr. B says, "There are no bad pit bulls, just bad pit bull owners." The puppy also has a pink nose and the inside his little uncropped ears are pink. So adorable!

Today I'm creating chocolate chip cookies that we took to the celebration for Neva. When I gave Neva's daughter, Debbie, the cookies she told me that I was a true Southern girl to bring food to the celebration. It's called comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment