Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013

Hello, Sweetness. Good girl drinking her milk.
As anticipated, February is flying by! I have a busy beginning and ending to March. And although I was hoping to sneak away to Santa Fe during the middle of the month, I don't think that's going to happen.

If you read the Houston Chronicle and still have yesterday's paper, take a look at the back page of the Business Section, page D6. There, sitting at the far right of a table drinking milk is none other than my red-headed Sweetness (see pic-of-the-day). She lives in Ruth HAUS, which is a co-op project by Houston Access to Urban Sustainability. It's a huge old Tudor house with common areas, a commercial kitchen, plus 16 bedrooms and eight bathrooms. This is home to those willing to work for their cheaper rent and board by making meals, cleaning toilets and recycling. At the end of the article there is a recap of a recent meeting where residents discussed, among other things, quiet hour. A guy complained that he is being kept awake at night by someone doing laundry into the wee hours. Evan is quoted as saying, "You knew you were moving into a house with 14 other people when you signed the lease." Since Sweetness is a notorious night owl, I'm thinking she was the guilty party. Because of my foot injuries, I haven't seen her third-floor bedroom except from the street. On one of her day's off, we're going to carry my sewing machine and fabric up to her room so I can make window treatments and a cushion for the large window seat. I love helping the girls!

Today I'm creating jewelry. I'm inspired by the tins I've been receiving in the mail. But first, I should spend some time straightening the TV, living and dining rooms. Dust bunnies are taking over!

No comments:

Post a Comment