Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 7, 2012

My little display table of aprons.
Although I wasn't sure I would make it through this week, I did. And today was a terrific day partially because the weather was so wonderful this afternoon. Plus I made good money selling aprons, small handbags and pillows at a home craft show. It's always a surprise how home shows will work out. Sometimes I sell well and other times I just as well could have stayed home.

Maybe one of the best parts of my day happened around 5:30 p.m. I was driving to Bellaire and got pulled over by a policeman. Of course I didn't have my purse with me, which meant I didn't have my driver's license or proof of insurance with me. I did have the registration form in the Explorer, which the policeman took back to his car where he pulled me up on this computer. I was almost in tears thinking it would take all the money I made today to pay for the traffic tickets I was expecting to get. Why did he pull me over you ask? Because I exited the freeway and crossed over two lanes to turn right onto Bellaire, and didn't use my turn signal. So I was expecting three tickets. Instead, the policeman came back to the Explorer, returned the registration form to me, and said he wasn't going to give me a citation because I had such a clean driving record. Goodness! I could have jumped out of the car and kissed him, except he probably would have shot me.

Today I'm creating another apron for the craft show. I had created 11 and just didn't want to go with an odd number so I made one more. All total I sold nine aprons, four handbags and two pillows, plus I got a commission to make two more aprons. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment