Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012

Melissa, Ashley and Claudia (her soon-to-be mother-in-law)
It has been a long and fun day! I was up before 7 a.m. to head to the grocery store. Once home, Mr. B grilled pork tenderloins while I made champagne and red velvet cupcakes for Ashley's bridal shower.

The shower was lovely! Ashley decided earlier during her engagement that she only wanted one shower, and this was it. There were approximately 30 ladies, which was perfect for the party room at 5000 Montrose. After lunch, Ashley opened presents for almost an hour. I've never seen so many big boxes from Crate & Barrel and Bed, Bath & Beyond. One of the other shower hostesses, who has been married about 30 years,  commented how nice it would be to have all new kitchen gear and towels. Since I dried my hair with a ragged and ripped towel this morning, I had to agree with her!

Today I'm creating time for a nap. I got home from the shower around 3:30 p.m. and was napping by 4 p.m. Tomorrow is the end of this incredibly busy week, but now I have to include next Monday and Tuesday to the busy list.

No comments:

Post a Comment