Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3, 2012

Bewitching Halloween apron.
My dining room has been transformed into an apron factory. I've been cranking them out, including the one pictured today. I found an old piece of black lace in my trim box that I used to adorn the waist of the apron, which can best be described as Hooker meets Halloween.

Four summers ago I met a remarkable woman in Santa Fe. Debbie is from Houston, but has been spending anywhere from two weeks to a month in Santa Fe. She's usually there in August while I'm there and we always hang out. We met through a mutual friend and subsequently found out that we have other friends in common. Anyway, Debbie looked at buying a house in the high dessert last summer, but couldn't pull the trigger. This summer she came prepared, guns loaded, ready to buy. I'm so excited that she closed on her house today. Welcome to homeownershp in The Land of Enchantment, Debbie!

Today I'm creating aprons, aprons and more aprons. I'm in the zone, but will have to stop for awhile to get ready for the Bayou City Art Festival kickoff party and then to a birthday party. Mr. B has his own function tonight, so we'll be headed in different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment