Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 17, 2012

At the Jan. 28 engagement party
for Ashley, her Nov. 3 wedding
seemed eons away.
I'm really taking it easy today and being a slug. It's after 2 p.m. and I haven't gotten dressed, but the girls don't care. And since I'm not planning to go anywhere today, I may just stay in my pajama bottoms and t-shirt all day. But just because I'm not in street clothes it doesn't mean I'm not plugged into my computer.

Friend Melissa, who is up to her neck in planning for Madame's November 3 nuptials, emailed me last night to check on the status of everything that's going on with me. She also gave me some good advice: It's time for me to concentrate on the volunteer work that nurtures my soul instead of the stuff that sucks the life out of me. I couldn't agree more!

Today I'm creating totes and a purse for my donation to next Monday's Women of Wine auction. One fun tote. One sporty tote. And one classy bags. As I was working on the auction program yesterday, I removed my donation of two pillows. There's already plenty of great items in the silent auction without those.

No comments:

Post a Comment