Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 13, 2012

Loved the jewelry in this booth. Very fun!
I was at the Bayou City Art Festival this morning before the gates opened to the public at 10 a.m. Early access is just one of the perks of being president of the Board of Directors. I walked around until 11:30 a.m., pressing the flesh with artists and welcoming them to the festival. This festival is so popular with artists. And attendees enjoy the festival art because only the cream of the crop shows at Bayou City.

I especially like seeing the new artists. Before I left this morning, I was talking to a wonderful new jewelry artist who came here from Maine. It was 28 degrees when she left Maine. I also spoke with a jewelry artist from Santa Fe, NM. It is 54 degrees there during the day. Another fabric artist is from Colorado, where the temp is about the same as Santa Fe. All of these ladies were excited about being in hot and humid Houston because they won't feel these temperatures again for at least six months.

Today I'm creating shopping lists. I always buy Christmas presents at Bayou City Art Festival. I'm at the house now, but will be back at the festival later this afternoon and again tomorrow. So much to see and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment