Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31, 2012

Last night I was helping package sweet treats
for people who are coming in town for the
wedding of Ashley + Taylor.
It looks cold outside, but I know it's not. The temperature in Houston today is supposed to be in the 80s. When I think back to my childhood days of going trick or treat in Texas, I remember it being colder at this time of year. Even during Dr. Mc's trick or treat days in Houston I have photos of her in costume with a sweater on. Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as global warming.

I feel very sorry for the people on the eastern seaboard whose lives have been changed by Hurricane Sandy (was it a hurricane?). Unfortunately, the media is out of touch when there are stories about how parents should tell their children that there won't be trick or treating tonight. Really? With the devastation in the area, is the lack of trick or treating really newsworthy? Homes and entire neighbors were washed or blown away. Homes still standing might be flooded and/or without power. The media should realize that even small children can understand there is a bigger problem in their area than no trick or treating.

Today I'm creating cupcakes for a dinner party tonight. I think I'll make pumpkin and devil's food cupcakes. What a treat they'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment