Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, 2012

Mr. Bathtub Gin ... who cares about his real name!
I'm breathing so much easier today! The Women of Wine fundraising event was last night and I had a great time (and perhaps a little too much vino). Magnolia Ballroom looked beautiful and bidding on the auction items was brisk. I believe I only saw one auction item that didn't have a bid on it. That's incredible. One of the biggest hits of the night was the bubbly people got when they walk in, which was topped with a strawberry placed in the glass by Mr. Bathtub Gin (see photo).

After the event closed, Mr. B and I had dinner with Dr. Mc, #1 son-in-law Nick, Kam and Gail. We went to a new place on Washington Ave., or at least it was new to Mr. B and me. The name of the place is TQLA. Good Mexican food and very cool decor; not at all what is expected in a Mexican food restaurant. I had crab meat and spinach enchiladas, which were very tasty. And the margarita with Chambord in the bottom of the glass was spectacular!

Today I'm creating a newsletter for my Tuesday client, as well as a magazine article. The only thing on my calendar for Wednesday and Thursday of this week is lunch with friends.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea to create something every day, whether for yourself or for someone else. And to live with fluffy dogs and go to events with men in bath tubs with strawberries sounds perfectly relevant to me!

    ReplyDelete