Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1, 2011

Kendall and Nick leaving their
Nov. 1, 2008, wedding reception
with kazoos serenading
them with The Eyes of Texas.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
My niece in Virginia wrote on Facebook yesterday that she can't believe that today is November. Sweet Meagan, time goes faster and faster as you get older and older! Wait until you get to be my age. This is something my grandmother Nannu used to say to me. I didn't understand what she meant when I was 24 (Meagan's age). Nannu lived a very happy 92 years. I wish the same for Meagan, me, and all of my friends and family.

Today I'm thinking about Dr. Mc and Nick. It's their third wedding anniversary. In some ways it seems like they have been married much longer. Maybe that's because they dated for almost 10 years before they married. I don't remember Kendall (she was about seven months away from being Dr. Mc at that time) looking so happy or pretty as she did that night. She was also amazingly calm for someone who is a semi-perpetual worrier. This is probably one reason that she and Nick get along so well. She worries and he's the calming force. A little ying and yang is a good thing.

Today I'm creating a newsletter and several press releases. Then I'm delivering several auction items that were purchased by guests at the Women of Wine event a week ago. What a difference a week makes! I'm so less stressed right now, and hopefully by the end of this week our home will be less full (or even empty) of auction items.

No comments:

Post a Comment