Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 26, 2011

We had about an hour of snow yesterday
morning. What a perfect day!
Happy day after Black Friday. Did everyone survive? We started our day on Canyon Road in a few art  galleries. Then we went to Landfall Press to see its operations. This is a print shop that collaborates with artists. We were able to see beautiful prints and lithographs from contemporary artists all over the world. With a full checkbook and much more wall space, I could have spent some serious money there, but we didn't. Keith and Kelly bought two prints that we can enjoy at their home. After leftovers at the casita for lunch, we went back to Canyon Road for some strolling and looking. Mr. B and I went downtown for a bit of retail therapy before dinner at Ristra with Keith and Kelly. It was such a fun day, I'm ready to do it again today.

I thought about my mom yesterday, which was the 10th anniversary of her death. I promised myself last summer that I was going to leave the sadness I've felt about the deaths of my mother, older brother and father in the past and move forward with positive memories instead of so much grief. I was able to do that yesterday. I thought of how Mother loved to cook and bake, and be with family at Thanksgiving. She would literally spend weeks making lists and lists of lists of things to do and prepare. This was the way she could show love for us all. She couldn't say "I love you," but she would do things to show her love. I don't think she would have liked Santa Fe or New Mexico as I do, but I know she would be happy that Mr. B and I enjoy it here so much.

Today I'm creating time to go to the movie with Mr. B. Maybe even a double feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment