Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22, 2011

Pecan pie straight from the oven. It taste as good as it looks!
Mr. B and I had our private Thanksgiving dinner last night. My sewing room was transformed back to the dining room, complete with lit candles on the table. Before we started eating, we toasted to our many blessings: each other, the girls and Nick, our extended families and friends, and the lives of our parents and my older brother. We know our blessings come from one source, and we never want to take Him or what He has given us for granted.

After enjoying the Grill Master's perfect turkey and my simple sides, we took a breath before dessert. At least yesterday I had the magic touch for baking in the high desert! My delicious pecan pie was something else to be thankful for last night.

Today I'm creating more bags and aprons. I'm 90% happy with the bag I made yesterday. Just one simple tweak on the flap and the ruby red velvet bag will be good to go. Or if I decide I don't want to recreate the sewing room for just one day (Keith and Kelly arrive tomorrow), I'll do some winter gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment