Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23, 2011

Yesterday I decided to do some gardening instead of pulling the sewing things back out. Mr. B is dusting the casita, getting rid of all the little threads I've left behind, but it seems to be taking a long time! I can dust the entire place in 20 minutes. He is still in the same room after 30 minutes. Oh wait, he's not dusting he's watching television. Not a surprise!

I got up this morning and immediately started cooking. The soup for tonight's dinner is ready! As usual, it took longer to cook it in the high desert. I'm having a cup of soup right now, just to make sure it's tasty enough to serve to my guests tonight. I'm going to let it sit for awhile and then adjust the seasoning. Hershey chocolate chips are staring me in the face right now. Mr. B loves chocolate chip cookies so I'm going to make him some. Then I'm going to make Martha Stewart's three cheese mac and cheese for tonight (Keith and Kelly are vegetarians) and a breakfast strata for the morning. It's really fun to cook in this "cocina" because it is open to the main room. I can cook, listen to television, see the kiva, gaze out the big window, and be with friends.

Today I'm creating meals and specialty cocktails for tonight and Thanksgiving. I know that tomorrow's beverage will include cranberry juice, but I think I need to refine my champagne cocktail for tonight. It's almost noon in Santa Fe, which means it must by 5 p.m. and the cocktail hour somewhere in the world. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment