Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25, 2011

Photo from my iPhone of the river at the
bottom of the Rio Grande gorge.
I can't believe I'm about to write about football on my blog, but the game last night between the University of Texas and Texas A&M was so exciting! Serious 118-year rivalry came down to the last 3 seconds when the UT punter – a senior playing his last collegiate game – kicks the ball between the goalposts and wins the game. WOW! Jubilation and bragging rights for the Horns, and heartbreak for the Aggies.

I was brought up as an Aggie. My father, uncle and several other family members proudly graduated from Texas A&M before I was born. In my family, you were an Aggie or else! Later my brother and twin nieces also graduated from Texas A&M. But Mr. B, Dr. Mc and Nick graduated from the University of Texas, so I've converted even though there will always be a special place in my heart for the Aggies.

Today I'm creating time for retail therapy. With all the food I've eaten in the past few days, my body is fueled for shopping local on Black Friday. Mr. B and his friend Keith are off having breakfast, then they're picking up the ladies for shopping. Lord, give me strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment