Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, 2011

Three new small pieces of artwork from the
Bayou City Art Festival that
I brought to the casita
It has been a quiet morning in the high desert. I've stayed propped up in bed looking through cookbooks and making grocery lists. There are always the staple dry goods in the casita, but I somehow buy too much to cook when we come here. I'm planning to make some soups while I'm here. I can freeze the leftovers until we come back at the end of January.

This morning I also sorted through all the fabric and trims I brought with me. I'm not sure what I was thinking because there's no way I can create something out of all that I brought. People have told me to keep a sketch book where I draw out my creations and then attach a small fabric swatch to the corresponding page. This seems perfect in theory, except I'm possibly the worst artist in the world. As my friend and former co-worker Marta used to say, "Julie is words, not pictures!"

Today I'm creating lots of lists. Besides the grocery store, I need to make a trip to the fabric store for lining and metal clasps. I remembered to bring the pumpkins and ornamental squash from the Houston house to the casita so I could create a centerpiece for the dining table, but I forgot any lining fabric. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment