Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17, 2011

Apron for Mitzie's birthday made for very
cute new, retro-designed fabric. I'm only
11 days late in delivering it.
Good morning, all. My temperament is better this morning, or at least I'm trying to make it so.

Since I got so upset last night when I found out someone was (figuratively) stabbing me in the back, my decision that I could never make it on Survivor is finalized. There are the obvious reasons, such as: I could only last two minutes in the tropical sun on the beach before I would have to be taken away in a helicopter with sever sunburn and bug bites; I'm not going to eat bugs; I don't look good in a bathing suit; I hate sand; I don't believe in camping; I don't like to be around people who smell bad; and I'd really dislike having to wear the same thing for 39 days. But a character distinction that would get me kicked off during the first tribal council is that I can't lie and scheme like the contestants do. This is the same reason that I have worked as a freelance writer and marketing consultant since 1993: I just can't play the corporate politics of scheming and not speaking my mind.

Today I'm creating the finished apron for Mitzie's birthday (see photo). I need to clip hanging threads before giving it to her during lunch. Then I need to write a bio, interview a man for a newspaper article, and pick up the house and wash clothes before leaving town in the morning. I'm so looking forward to spending time in the high desert that the thought of a 13 hour drive tomorrow doesn't bother me in the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment