Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 6, 2011

Mitzie and me modeling the fascinators we made
while waiting for the royal wedding to begin.
Happy birthday, Princess Melissa!
Mr. B fell yesterday during the yard sale, straight onto both hands and knees. He is fine, but soar, so we stayed home last night. Unfortunately, there is crap on Saturday night television. With all the channels on Uverse I can't believe I couldn't find anything to watch. Now some of you are questioning, "Why didn't I pick up a book and read?" To you I say: My brain was too tired to concentrate on a book. Instead, I plugged into my computer and watched missed episodes of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. That's about as mindless as anyone can get, even someone such as me who is a reality show junkie.

It's my friend Mitzie's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but I could because she hasn't learned how to leave comments on my blog. I met Miztie in 1978. We used to watch Saturday Night Live together, so at one time there was good television on Saturday night. Dan Aykroyd would do a skit with Jane Curtain wherein he called her an "ignorant slut." Back then it was hilarious, but today it's so unpolitically correct. Mitzie and I still call each other "ignorant slut." It makes our children laugh and cringe at the same time. For Mitzie: Happy birthday, you I.S.! You're the best; the sister I never had but always wanted. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are!

Today I'm creating time for a visit to the AT&T store. My upgraded iPhone 3GS came in the mail yesterday with easy-to-follow activation instructions. Ha! I tried to activate it. Note the word TRIED. I'm not psychic, but see a trip to the AT&T store in my future. This morning I have two iPhones, neither of which work. Both are charged, but both say No Service. How can that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment